- Gnome gEdit icon is not very readable : almost an entire gray square. Something like this would hint better about a text editor https://icon-icons.com/icon/apps-menu-editor/31767
- Microsoft Team icon is not standard (the good one, purple is shown in your screenshot, 2 row from top)
- Gnome Tweaks, unrecognizable, suggest: https://icon-icons.com/icon/gnome-tweak-tool/103048
Other than that, this icon pack is very good. Thanks - 2 days ago
- The brighter glow border is better
- Fixed the jumpy window when changing window focus.
- WIndow control buttons +-X look nicer
1) I think the glow around the topbar buttons are overdone. Sometimes too much of a good thing brings the opposite effects.
2) The thin blue line around border or boxes was better when it was gray. You can compare a setting dialog between GTK2 app (like Audacious) there is no blue line highlight, I find this looks calmer.
3) The 3D gradient on the left pane (Gnome Tweaks, Gnome Files) is probably un-necessary
4) The gray background is slightly transparent (Gnome Tweaks, Gnome Files). Maybe there is an aesthetic purpose, but from my point of view, the transparency is counter productive. I have some troubles to read the content of the window in focus when it mixes with the irrelevant content which is supposed to be hidden in the background. - Jun 11 2021
If you think this looks good, can you do the same? - May 26 2021
This is debatable, but here is my rationale. Because this make the window in focus stand out better. It is up to you to choose the red tint, normal and mouse-over, for that "close" button.
BTW, not sure if this is a bug, but the close button on this theme looks different with the Gnome Terminal app. Is it the theme or Gnome? https://imgur.com/N7CtP7J - May 25 2021
GTK3/4 Themes by blue-dxca93 2 comments
I hope the implementation for GTK2 support is not too much work. - May 19 2021
Suggestion to make it even better. Here are the areas I think need improvements:
- Add GTK2 support (the original Breeze-dark is clearly better here)
- Differentiate the tone of gray backgrounds for left/right panes in windows having a left pane with selectable items and right pane showing the content. Example of apps: Files, Gnome Tweaks, Gnome Settings dialog. Maybe have a look at this for inspiration? https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1239855/ - May 19 2021
Also I find that the icon of Gnome Tweaks is not very recognizable. It's not the design of your icon per-se. It's just b/c this app is more known with a Gnome icon. - May 11 2021
BTW, the style looks pretty similar to your Lim series. What is the main difference between Marwaita and Lim? - May 05 2021
There is a lots of works in this theme to fit many Desktop envs. I can comment only for GTK3. The window controls buttons are too big, causing the headerbar to be unnecessarily big. As color and taste goes, I am not very fan of the yellow/green tone. Otherwise there is a lot of good things in this theme. - May 05 2021