This widget will display current ATI screen card fan speed and temperature.
It will also allow the modification of the fan speed in 5% increments.
This widget was born out of a need to easily monitor and control my 4870x2
card. I've found that the default idling fan speed is not sufficient enough to
control the temperature of the card. In a Q9550/Antec 900 system this card idles
at over 80C!! I've found a fan speed of 40% will maintain a card temp below 50C.
This theme can be used in SuperKaramba or as a KDE 4 plasmoid. The widget will
automatically save your last used fan speed setting. Next time the widget is
opened, the last saved setting will automatically be applied.
1) ATI Catalyst drivers. I've used ati-driver-installer-8-9-x86.x86_64.run
2) To install as a plasmoid, please ensure both superkaramba-kde4 and
libkrosspython0 is installed.
The SuperKaramba installation is straight forward but to install in KDE 4:
1) right click on your desktop and select Add Widgets
2) then click the Install New Widgets dropdown
3) then click Install from File
4) select SuperKaramba: Karamba Desktop Theme
5) select ATIFanCon.skz
6) if you receive a Kross related error, restart KDE after installing
Used in SuperKaramba, the widget must be locked (right click Locked Position)
else the widget will not capture click events on the increase and decrease